Monday, March 8

Last Week of Whatever You Call Normal

It seemed so far away last week.  Only seven more days now of school, homework, cleaning your room, feeding the dogs, getting yelled at for playing on the PS3 too long.  He has been extremely tired and achey this weekend and it was hard to rouse him for school this morning.  I hope that is GOD reminding me of the better days that are coming.

I also wanted to say a quick "thank you" to everyone who has joined the "Pray for JT" Facebook page and are praying for a speedy & succesful recovery.  It is very heartwarming to see the response the page has generated in such a short amount of time and not a day goes by that JT is checking it, reading your words of encouragement and commenting as the number of members increase.

Some key dates coming up: 

March 15 he will be getting a central line put in.  This is called a CVL or Hickman among other things.  It will give the doctors a semi-permanent access to administer all the medicines he will be recieving.  After all of the IV's he's had these last few months I think he may actually be looking forward to this.  He will be sent home that evening with a large dose of steroids...look out diabetes!

March 16 he will be admitted to Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston.  He will be begin his chemotherapy to prepare him for transplant.

March 25 Sydney will be admitted for her procedure to extract the bone marrow.  She will be sedated for about two hours while they enter through the back of her hip in a series of multiple "pokes" into the bone.  If I remember correctly, they are looking to extract about 2 liters.

March 26 is what they commonly refer to as Day 0 in the BMT world.  This is the day that JT will receive the bone marrow from Sydney.  It will be in a drip bag into the CVL similar to a blood transfustion.

xo Sabrina

9 comments:

  1. Will keep those days close to the heart!
    Prayers
    Shea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers, prayers, and more prayers... enjoy this week if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I send energy to you and the family and lots of prayers. I wish I lived closer. Lots hugs coming your way too!! Deb,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just checking in on the Websters today. . .
    I love the photos of JT and Sydney together making funny faces! They will be closer than ever once this is behind you all!! May the PEACE of the Lord be with you. Margie

    ReplyDelete
  5. JT, hello from Mrs. Elmore at Addison. I wish you well. You and your sister will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son Jimmy has spent some time on the 6th floor liver transplant floor over the past few years. He does not need a transplant but has a disease that can progress to him needing a liver and/or pancreatic transplant. He is on that floor when hospitalized because of the physicians he sees. The nurses are the MOST amazing, caring group of people that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. They made everything in our stays bearable. I am praying for you and your family. Your son is amazing person for going through this and your daughter is a hero. God Bless all of you. I will look forward to checking this and facebook out in the coming weeks.

    In my prayers,
    Theresa Bass

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of all of you. Loved the pictures of JT's head. Thanks for keeping us informed. I wish I had a magic wand to make everything better, however I believe we are going to have have fsith in the lord. God Bless to all. JT you are a trooper going into to this all smiles.
    Take Care.

    Love,

    The Machens

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey jt,
    this is hannah from elementary school, i dont know if you remeber me or not, but you will be in my prayers. i hope everything gose well with your surgery. you are on many peoples minds and i really want to know how things go. my email is loverbug96@gmail.com, just in case your wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HEY!!!!! im in ur prep class at church and wanted to say youll be in my prayers. The other day my friends at school were talkin bout u and i was like HEY!!! i know him he's in my pre class!!!!! so ya....

    ReplyDelete