Wednesday, May 26

Buy One, Get One Half Off

Went to the doctor yesterday and the initial verbal results from last week’s cell test came back saying JT 100% - Sydney 0%. To say we are disappointed would be an understatement. Plan of attack will be to wean JT off the immunosuppressive drugs over the next two weeks. Give his body a little rest, and then go for Round 2 with a second transplant at the end of July.


Things you shouldn’t really say to your Doctor…

1. Doc: “How is the donor feeling? Is she having any guilt?”. Me: “Of course she doesn’t feel guilty, we’ve already explained to her that it’s your fault the transplant didn’t work”.

2. Doc: “Are you ok?”. Me: after a lengthy pause, “I’m PISSED off at you; I’ll be fine in a minute”.

3. Doc: “Do you have any other questions?” JT: “Are transplants Buy One – Get One Half Off?”.

We all made what we hoped was the best treatment decision possible for the well being of JT. I don’t blame anyone for what happened…it was a chance we took together and unfortunately it was the wrong choice. So if you don’t mind, please continue to follow our journey, pray for my kids and pray for all the doctors, nurses and everyone involved in caring for my wonderful son.

Peace, Sabrina

10 comments:

  1. Your sense of frustration, disappointment, etc. etc. must be sky high. I'm so sorry this first attempt couldn't have gone like clockwork, but you all made the best decision you could at the time and with the information you had. I am very thankful that there IS a plan B available for JT and one with promise. I tend to think that when there's a very disappointing result along a particularly tough path, the awesome things God will do in the long run stand out even more. I'm looking forward to following God's blessings during Plan B. We're staying tuned. Love and peace, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord be with you all. I know it is hard for you all, and you are all keeping your chins up and have a positive attitude, which is a good good thing. We all have our paths to take, eventually we get on the right one, and may will be the time. Thinking and praying for you all. Love, Aunt Jackie and Uncle Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree totally with Susan (as I almost always do). You did not make the wrong decision. You made the one you felt was best and it didn't go the way you had hoped. Doesn't make it wrong; just means it didn't work. I know you will continue to hang tough, and we're all there behind you. We love you and will keep praying for all of you. Debbie and Kent

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're praying for all of you. Please let us know if we can help! Tell JT I can play a good card game of SPIT, but no so great at video games. God Bless! One day at a time, one foot in front of the other.
    Peace,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear of the rough news this week. You are a strong and loving family with a huge support system of people praying for you all. Please give JT and Sydney huge hugs for me and let us know how we can help. Thinking of you all and praying for you all! Fondly from Sheri Siegel and family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you've made a really good decision on what next to do. Thinking of JT often here. Your family's strength is inspiring! S. Colby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have been thinking about JT everyday. The end of the school year wasn't the same. All of you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Plan B sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry that Plan A did not work. My prayers are with you all while you are preparing for plan B. Sometimes in our suffering we need God the most - so we look the hardest for him. My prayer is that each one of you will see and feel His presence in special ways through these preparation weeks. Much love to you all!! Best, The Horvaths

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keeping you in our prayers up in Wisconsin.
    Pam Szutkowski

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sabrina, I just got on here to read about JT. I had no idea what he was going through! You all will definitely be in my prayers! What a blessing your daughter was a match! That doesn't happen that often. What a brave young man you have raised!
    Praying for God's perfect will for you all!
    love and blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete