Saturday, April 10

Double Dog Dare

I wasn't even home after swapping off hospital duties with Jim on Friday when the hospital called..."Mrs. Webster, this is Children's Discharge Department and I'm calling you to make arrangements for JT's discharge on Monday".

After I rudely told her to "SHUT UP!", I quickly pulled over to talk sanely with her.  Yes, its true, we are targeting Monday as a release date from BMT Prison!!!  Nothing short of a miracle, because what we were led to believe in really good circumstances, JT would have been there for at least another 2 weeks.  In fact, we are not even to the point yet in his recuperation that we know if Sydney's bone marrow has taken over yet!  But since he's doing so good, vitals have been good, he continues to eat without the tube (although I have to admit the majority of the calories are coming from ice cream and M&M's) they are confident we can continue his care at home while taking him back & forth to the hospital 2-3 times a week for blood tests.  I told you so many things can happen in a day in the BMT world!  This day was all good!

Thank you God for listening to our family and friends prayers! 

I dare anyone to knock this smile off my face!

13 comments:

  1. The best calories come from M&Ms and ice cream! Sabrina, I'm so happy for all of you. This is the best news.

    Debbie King

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really, really, great news!!!!! Fantastic! Atta boy, JT! Sydney, you ARE a hero.
    Sabrina, keep smiling!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it alot! A-Hole Lot! I know it is crude but something took over me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best. News. Ever. Yay!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is truly an answer to our prayers. Please let me know if I could help out with any additional calorie foods for JT. It would be my pleasure.

    Flo Sapp

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is great.
    My son has to have his blood work done, right now it is only once a month. They allow us to do it off site at either LabCorp or one of the CHOA Urgent Cares. We prefer LabCorb. If his labs need to be done STAT, the levels are back to the liver clinic within two - three hours max and the regular labs are usually drawn around 4:30 and are back to the liver clinic in the morning (This is through LabCorp). We are usually only there five to ten minutes. If there is a crowd Jimmy can stay in the car and I can call him in. I just know that drive to Egleston can be a very long one. The plebotomist at the LabCorp in Towne Lake have gotten to know Jimmy and even realize when he is not feeling well. I just wanted to let you know what we have found with regular blood work. I am not sure if your doctors would allow it, but it is worth asking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great news! I am not at all surprised that JT is ahead of where the doctors expected him to be. I imagine that the hard part for him will be to not "overdue" it once he is home. = ) JT should enjoy his ice cream and M&Ms. He deserves it after all he has been through. Thanks for your updates, they are so eloquently written.
    - Ms. Heins -

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic news for a fantastic kid! Please know that we are praying for you all. There are angels among us and they are looking over the Webster family...Love & Prayers, Mrs. Alea and the Alea Gang

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great news!! Just what we've been hoping and praying for! Hugs all around :)
    Milton-de Freitas family

    ReplyDelete
  10. Discharged TODAY?? That's incredible! Just goes to show what an awesome team JT and Sydney make. Congratulations all around. Love,The Lewises

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's awesome! What great news! So happy for you! Glad it went so well and you can enjoy the comforts of your own home! Congratulations!
    The power of family really can do it all!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. To Jimmy's parent in the posting above, I would love to talk more. You can email me at shw3262@comcast.net. Thanks for commenting, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fantastic news!! Congratulations to you all. Please let us know if you need any meals or help of any other kind. We will continue to keep you all in our prayers!!
    Love,
    The Hetherington's

    ReplyDelete